REQ: Performance Samples - Fluid Shorts II
Fluid Shorts II revisits performance-sourced chamber string shorts, but takes things a step further. Just like in the original Fluid Shorts, the multi-samples are completely playable and have a lively nature as they’re deconstructed from performances. However in Fluid Shorts II, instead of just one recorded speed of spiccato, there are multiple recorded speeds (four in all), and the faster speeds automatically trigger in based on your playing speed, to accommodate faster phrases – which sound more fluent, because you are triggering samples that are actually pulled from faster performances.
- True repetition sampling (four speeds of repetitions) | Derived from performance phrases
- Four individual sections of predominantly principle musicians: 8 violins, 6 violas, 5 cellos, and 4 basses
- Recorded in an ambient hall with close, main (AB), and wide mic positions
- Section unity – all musicians performing on the same session
- Up to 7 RR / One dynamic layer (loud) with velocity controlling volume
- Control sample offset with a slider
- Stack option which layers all four repetition speeds together (baked samples) for a larger sound
- Performance Samples’ new balance features
- 48kHz / 24bit
- NCW-compressed, ~3.11 GB total
- Built for Kontakt 5.8.1 and above – full, retail version of Kontakt required
What’s new in Fluid Shorts II?
Fluid Shorts II is 100% new recordings. Instead of 8 violins, 6 violas, 4 cellos, and 3 basses like in Fluid Shorts I, Fluid Shorts II has 8 violins, 6 violas, 5 cellos, and 4 basses. Fluid Shorts II has a hall tail, but a closer, more present sound (in the decca and wides as well). Fluid Shorts II has only one dynamic (LOUD) as well, making it a good doubler for Fluid Shorts I.