Plugin Boutique Scaler 2 v2.3.0 WIN
P2P | 17 February 2021 | 905 MB
Empower the Composer Within
Scaler 2 is an inspirational and powerful music theory workstation that gives you access to a world of new ideas, expressions and melodies. With powerful detection of MIDI and audio, Scaler 2 can determine what key and scale you’re in and suggest chords that match your music. The plugin helps you discover the perfect melody with performance expressions, and can even suggest ways to change from one key to another.
Scaler 2 makes finding chords and progressions intuitive and fun! It’s a comprehensive but easy to use toolbox that will help anyone make better music.
Discover your music’s key and explore alternative scales and chord sets
Choose from hundreds of keys, quickly build progressions in the sequencer
Over 200 artist chord sets from the likes of Carl Cox, MJ Cole, The Temper Trap, Mitekiss, CeCe Rogers and Mike Huckaby
Over 200 genre and mood-based chord sets such as Chill, Drum & Bass, Jazz, Cinematic, EDM, Progressive…
Browse chord variations to get suspended chords, extended chords, dominant sevenths and jazz chords
Use the arpeggio or strum features to perform in real-time and synced to your DAW
Discover chord substitutions that lend variety to your progressions
Experiment with different chord voicings to spread notes across the keyboard
Export MIDI to your DAW simply by dragging and dropping
Assign any VST / AU instrument to Scaler 2 to control your favourite synths
Play and record one-finger chords and melodies using Scaler 2’s Bind MIDI function
New for Version 2
Redesigned from the ground up with over 200 new chord sets, hundreds of new scales, and 30 new instruments
Play melodic expressions with over 200 phrases, performances and rhythms by professional musicians
Establish your scale with audio detection as well as MIDI detection
Keys Lock helps you create emotive melodies by locking keys to your chords
MIDI Capture lets you perform inside Scaler 2 and then export the results as MIDI
Modulation suggestions give you new ways to reach musical destinations
Get more natural-sounding melodies and expressions with the humanise function
Edit Mode for adjusting length, inversion, octave and more per chord in a pattern
Pad View helps you to arrange multiple patterns and key switch between them
Audition new progressions in context with DAW Sync playback
Voice Grouping can keep your chords within a certain range for voice leading
Chord editing and moving tools include lasso, drag n drop, replace and insert
What's new in version 2.3.0?
• Add new Riffs to Melody mode
• New 70’s Funk & Soul chordsets
• Prevent notes from hanging when triggered from multiple sources at once.
• Prevent overlapping notes from hanging in performance/phrases/rhythms/melody/bass modes.
• Fix hung notes due to keyswitch not resetting properly after being pressed.
• Fix a playback issue when using alt-click to preview chords.
• Keys-Lock: Improve chord extension handling of altered chords.
• “Undo/Redo” is now accessible from the Scaler Logo - Right-Click menu.
• "Import/Export State” is now accessible from the Scaler Logo - Right-Click menu.
• EDIT panel: labels now refresh properly when changing chord parameters.
• Add bigger “Bind” buttons on all screens.
• Fix highlight of chords in Pad-View when using multi-pattern selection.
• Add ability to search by style in the Scales panel.
• Audio detection from a file can now be run multiple times in a row
• Sync between instances now maintains multi-selection of patterns.
• Prevent a crash when changing parameters on a chord in the EDIT Panel after removing/reordering patterns.
• Prevent unexpected behaviors caused by the UI Keyboard creating notes with no velocity.
• Fix a calculation error creating notes with a velocity higher than the maximum allowed.
• The installer will now automatically move the sound library when using a custom location.
• Improve stability of the audio detection for samplerates up to 96KHz.
• Prevent a crash when resetting the playback.
• Prevent a crash when changing a chord voicing after deleting the parent pattern.
• Prevent a crash when removing Scaler from a track during playback.
• Fix a voicing calculation error when extracting/applying a voicing to a chord.
• “Right-Click > Detect” now refreshes the panel properly every time.