SURGE Synthesizer 1.8.0 x64 x86 VST AU WiN MAC LiNUX [FREE]
FREE | 22 January 2021 | WiN: 190 MB | MAC: 156 MB | LiNUX: 96 MB
Surge is a digital synth and makes no bones about it.
If you have used it in the past, it will be like welcoming an old friend back into your life. If you are new to Surge, welcome to the party. Come on in, the water is fine.
Surge is back and open source!
Thanks to the generosity of @Kurasu (owner of Vember Audio), Surge has been open sourced and lives on GitHub.
- Synthesis method: Subtractive hybrid
- Each patch contain two scenes which are separate instances of the entire synthesis engine (except effects) that can be used to create layered or split patches.
- Quick category-based patch browser
- Runs on a variety of operating systems, plugin formats, and architectures
- 1725 patches
- 523 wavetables
- 3 oscillators per scene.
- 8 versatile oscillator algorithms: Classic, Sine, Wavetable, Window, FM2, FM3, S&H Noise and Audio Input.
- Classic oscillator is a morphable pulse/saw/dual saw oscillator with a sub-oscillator and hard sync.
- FM2/FM3 oscillators consist of a carrier and 2 or 3 modulators and various options.
- Most algorithms (except FM2, FM3 and Audio input) offer up to 16-voice unison at the oscillator level.
- Oscillator FM and ring modulation between oscillators 1-2 and 2-3.
- Most oscillator algorithms (except FM2, FM3 and Sine) are strictly band-limited, yet still cover the entire audible spectrum, delivering a clear, punchy and clean sound.
- Noise generator with variable spectrum.
- Two filter units in 8 different configurations.
- Feedback loop available in 7 of those configurations.
- Available filter algorithms: Lowpass (12 and 24 dB/oct, each with 3 variations), Lowpass 24 dB/oct (3 variations), Ladder Lowpass (6-24 dB/oct), Highpass (12 and 24 dB/oct, each with 3 variations), Bandpass (12 and 24 dB/oct, each with 3 variations), Notch (12 and 24 dB/oct, each with 2 variations), Comb (4 variations), S&H.
- Filters can self-oscillate (with excitation) and respond amazingly fast to cutoff frequency changes.
- Waveshaper (5 shapes).
- 12 LFO units available, 6 are per voice and 6 are global for the whole scene.
- DAHDSR envelope generators on every LFO.
- 7 deformable LFO waveforms and step sequencer mode.
- Voice LFOs allow envelope retriggering when used as step sequencer.
- Extremely fast and flexible modulation routing. Almost every continuous parameter can be modulated!
- 8 effect units arranged as 2 inserts per scene, 2 sends and 2 master effects.
- 13 effect algorithms:
- EQ, Distortion, Conditioner (EQ, stereo image control and limiter), Frequency Shifter, Rotary Speaker, Ring Modulator, Vocoder, Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Delay, Reverb 1, Reverb 2