SURGE Synthesizer 1.7.1 x64 x86 VST AU WiN MAC LiNUX [FREE]
FREE | 10 August 2020 | WiN: 71.4 MB | MAC: 74.5 MB | LiNUX: 37.3 MB
Surge is a digital synth and makes no bones about it.
If you have used it in the past, it will be like welcoming an old friend back into your life. If you are new to Surge, welcome to the party. Come on in, the water is fine.
Surge is back and open source!
Thanks to the generosity of @Kurasu (owner of Vember Audio), Surge has been open sourced and lives on GitHub.
- Synthesis method: Subtractive hybrid
- Each patch contain two 'scenes' which are separate instances of the entire synthesis engine (except effects) that can be used for layering or split patches.
- Quick category-based patch browser
- Runs on a variety of OSes, Plugin Formats, and Architectures
- 1010 patches
- 183 wavetables
- 3 oscillators per voice
- 8 versatile oscillator algorithms: Classic, Sine, Wavetable, Window, FM2, FM3, S/H Noise and Audio input
- The classic oscillator is a morphable pulse/saw/dual saw oscillator with a sub-oscillator and self-sync.
- The FM2/FM3 oscillators consists of a carrier and 2 or 3 modulators and various options.
- Most algorithms (except FM2, FM3, Sine and Audio-input) offer up to 16-voice unison at the oscillator level.
- Oscillator FM/ring modulation
- Most oscillator algorithms (except FM2/FM3) are strictly band-limited, yet still cover the entire audible spectrum, delivering a clear punchy yet clean sound.
- Noise generator with variable spectrum.
- Two filter units in 8 different configurations
- Feedback loop (number of variations inside the parenthesis)
- Available filter algorithms: LP12 (3 variations), LP24 (3 variations), LP Ladder (1-4 poles), HP12 (3 variations), HP24 (3 variations), BP (4 variations), Notch (2 variations), Comb (4 variations), S&H
- Filters can self-oscillate (with excitation) and respond amazingly fast to cutoff frequency changes.
- Waveshaper (5 shapes)
- 12 LFO units available, 6 are per voice and 6 are global for the whole scene
- DAHDSR envelope generators on every LFO-unit
- 7 deformable LFO waveforms + drawable/step sequencer waveform
- LFO 1 allows envelope retriggering when used as step sequencer
- Extremely fast and flexible modulation routing. Almost every continuous parameter can be modulated.
- 8 effect units arranged as 2 inserts per scene, 2 sends and 2 master effects
- 10 top-quality algorithms:
Delay, Reverb, Chorus, Phaser, EQ, Distortion, Conditioner (EQ, stereo-image control, and limiter), Rotary speaker, Frequency shifter, Vocoder