Sononym v1.0.4 OSX
OSX | AudioZ Exclusive | 140.05 MB
Sononym represents an innovative approach to sample browsing, using machine learning and audio feature extraction to make personal sample collections searchable and discoverable.
The primary innovation in Sononym is called "Similarity Search", a special search mode which accepts any sound as the input, and finds relevant sounds throughout your sample collection. Using this approach, it's even possible to connect a synth, guitar or microphone to locate samples by recording new sounds on-the-fly.
In addition to this, the software offers many other features that you would expect from a sample browser, such as fully searchable and sortable file/results views and a modern, streamlined user interface.
The most important features at a glance:
Works with your own files: recordings, soundware collections, any source.
Cross-platform: Sononym is available for Windows, Linux and OS X.
Deep audio analysis: extracts pitch, tempo, brightness etc.
Self-organizing content: Automatically groups samples into relevant categories, such as loops and oneshots, kicks or snares.
Similarity Search: a powerful way to discover variations of any sound.
Live recording: quickly find samples based on any input you provide.
Integrated bookmarking and export: don't lose the flow while browsing.
Random Preview: avoid listening to the same few samples over and over.
Sononym 1.0.3 + 1.0.4 - Release Notes:
A new release of Sononym is available, containing bugfixes and improvements:
* Fixed: possible crash while exploring folders with special characters (all platforms).
* Fixed: drag-and-drop behaviour when dragging file out of the application and immediately back in.
* Fixed: export behavior for collections should never schedule more than one export.
* Fixed: similarity search from the waveform player didn’t work with files from a collection.
* Fixed: similarity search from a collection could fail when the file originated from an unmounted library.
* Fixed: sometimes, the explore tab could show content from the home folder instead of the selected location.
* Fixed: fixed an missing .dll file issue that affected some Windows 10 installations.
* Fixed (1.0.4): similarity search could fail when having indexed files with 1.0.3 on an ‘old’ database.
* Fixed (1.0.4): don’t create a copy when importing a collection which is already in the Collections folder.
* Fixed (1.0.4): similarity search from a collection could fail when source file was missing.
* Fixed (1.0.4): replacing files in a collection could fail when moving between folders.