discoDSP OB-XD v2.2 x64 VST VST3 AU AAX WiN MAC LiNUX [FREE]
FREE | 23 January 2021 | 62.8 MB
OB-Xd is based on the Oberheim OB-X. It attempts to recreate its sound and behavior, but as the original was very limited in some important ways a number of things were added or altered to the original design. OB-Xd was designed to sound as good and as rich as the original. It implements micro random detuning which is a big part of that sound.
• 7x faster GUI controls.
• Linux build.
• Standalone app.
• Signed and notarized installers.
• Updated JUCE framework to 5.4.7 for better stability and compatibility.
• Updated Banks with 2.0 compatibility.
• Ilkka Rosma Dark Theme.
• macOS Catalina support.
• MIDI CC Learn.
• MIDI CC support.
• Parameter refactor.
• XML based skinning.
• HiDPI (Retina) ready GUI themes.
While not copying originals, some of the features were taken to a better point. Continuous blendable multimode filter (HP-Notch(BP)-HP in 12 dB mode and 4-1 pole in 24 dB mode). Also, like many synths of the OB-X's generation, the OB-Xd has no internal effects so its sounds and textures can be greatly enhanced by the use of additional processing like chorus, reverb, delay, etc.
Thanks to 2Dat for the original OB-Xd and Soshi Studio for giving the rights to continue this wonderful product. Also thanks to all KVR artists for making the amazing skins!. OB-Xd Desktop has no restrictions and is free to use. Buy to support further development, thank you! Source code is available under GPL license at GitHub.
- Universal 2 Binary for Apple M1 Silicon chips.
- AAX ProTools plugin support for macOS and Windows (registered version only).
- Catalina and Big Sur documents folder crash fix.
- Updated framework (JUCE 6).
- Updated VST3 SDK.
- Added ASIO and Jack support.
- macOS deployment target set to 10.9.
- Preset navigation using + / - keys (numeric too).
- 16 new presets by J3PO.