REQ: Simon Phillips Jazz Drums - VST Sound Instrument Set
Simon Phillips Jazz Drums expansion brings the renowned, award-winning jazz flair of this legendary drummer to Groove Agent 4 and Groove Agent 4 SE for the first time. Featuring brush hits and patterns, this new library gives you the tools to produce a wide range of jazz beats with great feel and sound. Simon Phillips Jazz Drums features over 7 GB of sounds that brings this legendary drummer’s award-winning jazz flair and equipment to all Groove Agent users. Recorded at Phantom Recording Studios on a unique prototype Tama drum kit — exclusively produced for Simon with maple/bubinga shells — the library includes brush styles, sticks and 24″ cymbals carefully chosen from his extensive private collection. For Groove Agent 4 / SE 4.
Large library of unique, high-quality sounds
Simon Phillips Jazz Drums features 20 Groove Agent styles, over 560 MIDI files, 9500 samples and 7,6 GB of high-quality sounds, all recorded on a unique prototype Tama drum kit — exclusively produced for Simon with shells of a maple/bubinga mix — plus 22″ and 24″ cymbals from Simon’s extensive private collection. All hits were recorded with a range of velocities, dynamics and alternatives.
- 20 original Simon Phillips styles for jazz, with funk, swing, Latin and blues influences
- Exclusive drum solo MIDI grooves created with Simon Phillips
- A wide range of brush hits and patterns
- Tuneable room and overhead channels for kick, snare and toms
- All Styles variable in complexity and intensity from within Groove Agent’s Style Player
- Each Style includes several intros, fills and endings
- Recordings made on a unique prototype Tama drum kit owned and played by Simon Phillips
- Recorded by Simon Phillips at Phantom Recordings Studio in Los Angeles, USA
- Kit pieces include kick drum, 4 toms, hi-hats, 3 rides and crash cymbal from Simon Phillips’ private collection.
This library was created with Simon Phillips’ exclusive prototype Tama drum kit. The maple/bubinga mix shells produce a unique sound, captured in meticulous detail using only the highest-quality equipment. This included Rode, Shure and Sennheiser microphones and preamps/EQs by Rupert Neve Designs, Burl and Elysia Nvelope, which recorded every beat and nuance in precise, musical detail.